Finding your Blog WHY and Starting a Craft blog as a Case Study
Are you struggling with your blog and traffic?
Not getting anywhere after nearly a year of blogging?
Yep me too!
So how do you make a go of things?
You need to find your WHY!
(If this post contains affiliate links please see our full disclosure policy although i have to warn you it is quite boring, but if you really must read it you can find it Here)
What should you do?
DO NOT QUIT guys.
Look at your blog have you really targeted your WHY?
Why are you doing this what change do you want to see in your audience?
I suggest you sit down and really look at your Website are you really helping them move from Point A to Point B?
How do you do this in practice?
I am going to bare all with my website and be as really critical as I can and show you what I mean and I am also going to split my website as well so I can narrow its focus more- more of that to come later.
So I am going to start a new Website AND use it as an example for you if you are just starting out and have little or no experience and show you what to do step by step.
Yes I am 10 months in and only just making money I am not the unique making lots of cash with my site blog – I am just like many of YOU!
How to find your WHY
Your Why is your purpose- WHY you get out of bed in the morning!
Let’s get to it-
Why did I start blogging?
There are no right or wrong answers here guys just go for it. These reasons as to why I wanted to start a blog are in no particular order.
- I have always wanting to start a blog especially having flirted with it in 2010 by starting two blogs on Google sites with no idea!
- I want to be my own boss even though I enjoy my job I want to be in charge of my life- I don’t want to have to continually commute 3 hours each day ( at least I only have to do it for 3 days a week now)
- I want to show people that I can also make money with my blog and that just because you are not blogging in the MOMMY blog space you can’t still make money with your blog
- You can make money blogging NOT about blogging even though this blog is heavily towards this side with the posts I write about
- Yep I do want to make money with my blog so that I can work from home on my own schedule and work from WHERE I want to be – we would love to move to the West coast of Scotland and not have to be live in the East Coast and look after my family
- I am super interested in this BLOGGING thing
- I love crafts and DIY always have done since my mother bought me two things- a needlepoint kit and the complete guide to needlecrafts from Readers Digest. If you are interested in finding out more or want to buy the Complete guide to needlework then check it out below.
Crafting your WHY – so here is what I have come up with:
My Blogging why
I want to show you that anyone regardless of their background can build the lifestyle they want and they too can succeed to have the kind of life they want in the place they want to run it.
My DIY Crafting why
I want to show you that anyone can learn to craft its picking the right craft to start that will help you succeed not every craft is suited to everyone and I can show you different crafts to try to produce something with your own hands that can be so satisfying to say “I created that” !
How does this translate into Goals for your blog?
- The Why motivates you to achieve your blog mission
- To continue when you aren’t making money
- Have a clear plan for your blog going forward
Why am I telling you all this?
I want to tell you this because I want to overhaul my blog and move things around.
So with that in mind, I am going to split my blog up to narrow down its focus a bit more so that I can achieve my “WHY’s”.
Going forward you can still see all the Blogging stuff on
but all the DIY craft stuff will move over to
You won’t see much on smartepennieslife.com at the moment just the new theme.
What else am I planning for this blog?
Because I am starting off with a brand new blog what I thought I would do is give you a month by month account of where this new blog is at.
This will give you the opportunity to follow on along with me if you are just starting out sort of like holding my hand through the process.
So my plan is to write some posts at least 5 before I publish them on the blog at the same time I will be getting my social media presence up and running as well.
Wanting to start a blog then I have a PDF download for you to grab totally FREE yes Free just jump over to this page to grab this awesome FREEBIE.
Who wants to join me? Let me know at
Let me know what your main struggle is too.
Want a short version on HOW TO START YOUR BLOG How about my free Checklist